Saturday, July 26, 2014

I Am In Happy Place, Marriage Might Happen Next Year - OMAWUMI

I have a small number of Nigerian celebrities I can call my friends.  There are few others I can't call friends because we are not close, but I sincerely like them, as well as enjoy their company whenever we get to catch up. I often find myself in some unusual and wonderful places because of the travels my job require.



Omawumi is one of those I will not drop her name and say we are great friends, but she is one of those Nigerian Celebrities that I honestly enjoy her company and love because of her candid, honest and straight to the point nature.  She does not pretend to suffer fool gladly at all, but she can easily use euphemism like "slow people" for those that others will describe as "fools".


If you have never met a warri girl or don't know what one is like, find time to watch Omawumi in conversation.  She is a delight to interview and a joy to watch, whether while on stage singing or dancing.

Omawumi was my guest on Sunrise this Saturday morning at Channels TV and I had so much laughter, I could have been interview Julius Agwu and Alibaba on the home stretch today.

I asked her about the father of her gorgeous little girl and what their relationship is like now.  Omawumi said she is in a happy place and having a very happy family life.  She even hinted at marriage next year being a possibility.


 I take that as not just a mere hint, she is not the kind of person that would make loose statements about marriage unless it has been considered and already being worked on.

Omawumi is one young Nigerian musician that makes me proud each time I watched her on stage either in Nigeria or the few times I saw her perform outside the shores of this country.

 
I am wishing Omawumi the very best of luck with here new song #Megbele and of course whenever the wedding bell tolls, we will be here to congratulate and pray they "be together ever after".
 Here is the Video of the interview where Omawumi seemingly dropped the hint about the forthcoming wedding and when a lady starts talking about wedding location and all, its no longer hint... its for real... :-)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment